What is Rockwool – Stonewool
Rockwool can be produced from a variety of mineral types. Rockwool is usually produced from the same minerals that exist in lava during a volcanic eruption. When making rockwool, this lava rock is reheated to its molten state.
The molten rock is then spun until it has taken the shape of thin, long fibers. The process is actually quite similar to making cotton candy, although rockwool requires much greater temperatures because rocks have a much higher melting point than sugar.
Rockwool Insulation ranks the best and ideal sound insulation material that is economical and highly efficient. If you are looking for sound insulation material that enhances sound efficiency and eliminates sound pollution, look no further than Rockwool Insulation the most popular soundproofing material in the World manufactured by Knauf.
The cost of rockwool Insulation in Kenya ranges from KES 300 to KES 1, 000 shillings per square Metre based on thickness and size. You ca buy our award winning Knauf Rockwool insulation roll 13M*1.2M*50mm at only Ksh 550 per square Metre
Advantages of Rockwool Insulation
- Durability Rockwool Insulation Roll is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Application Rockwool Insulation Roll is specifically designed for friction fitting between joists and studs at 400mm and 600mm centres to improve the sound insulation of: separating walls and floors, internal walls and floors, timber and metal stud partitions and also designed for friction fitting between resilient timber battens and timber studs in Robust Detail separating floors and walls. Rockwool Insulation Roll provides a high level of sound absorption, whilst also improving the thermal and fire performance of the wall, floor or partition. Using glass mineral wool as a sound absorbent layer in partitions and floors significantly improves their acoustic performance, whilst only adding minimally to the overall mass of the structure. In partitions glass mineral wool complements the plasterboard linings by absorbing airborne sound in the cavity and reducing reverberation, it is particularly effective at preventing the hollow sound that can occur in partitions with unfilled cavities.
- Standards Rockwool Insulation Roll is manufactured in accordance with BS EN 13162, EN 50001 Energy Management Systems, OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, as certified by Bureau Veritas.
- Environmental Rockwool Insulation Roll represents no known threat to the environment and has zero Ozone Depletion Potential and zero Global Warming Potential.
- Handling and storage Rockwool Insulation Roll is easy to handle and install, being lightweight and easily cut to size, where necessary. It is supplied enclosed in polythene which is designed for short term protection only. For longer term protection on site, the product should be stored either indoors, or under cover and off the ground. Rockwool Insulation Roll should not be left permanently exposed to the elements.
Knauf Insulation mineral wool products made with ECOSE Technology® benefit from a no added formaldehyde binder, which is up to 70% less energy intensive than traditional binders and is made from rapidly renewable bio-based materials instead of petroleum-based chemicals. The technology has been developed for Knauf Insulation’s glass and rock mineral wool products, enhancing their environmental credentials without affecting the thermal, acoustic or fire performance. Insulation products made with ECOSE Technology® contain no dye or artificial colors. Buy this insulating material from Gypsum Ceiling Supplies and get it delivered for free