Rockwool Insulation Roll is the most popular and economical soundproofing material with more advantages compared to other similar insulation materials such as fiberglass wool. It has an NRC value of 0.83. The Roll is economical and easier to install within partitions, floors, walls and roofs. In Kenya rock wool is commonly fixed in gypsum partitions to reduce office to office noise as well as exterior disturbances
Rockwool Insulation Advantages
RockWool Insulation 50mm (15.6M²) Roll offer exceptional fire performance characteristics, as well as excellent thermal and acoustic properties and are scientifically designed to provide a very high level of compression resistance
Rockwool Insulation – Durability
- Rockwool Insulation Roll is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- The insulation Roll is specifically designed for friction fitting between joists and studs at 400mm and 600mm centres to improve the sound insulation of: separating walls and floors, internal walls and floors, timber and metal stud partitions and also designed for friction fitting between resilient timber battens and timber studs in Robust Detail separating floors and walls. Rockwool Insulation Roll provides a high level of sound absorption, whilst also improving the thermal and fire performance of the wall, floor or partition. Using glass mineral wool as a sound absorbent layer in partitions and floors significantly improves their acoustic performance, whilst only adding minimally to the overall mass of the structure. In partitions glass mineral wool complements the plasterboard linings by absorbing airborne sound in the cavity and reducing reverberation, it is particularly effective at preventing the hollow sound that can occur in partitions with unfilled cavities.
- It is manufactured in accordance with BS EN 13162, EN 50001 Energy Management Systems, OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, as certified by Bureau Veritas.
- Rockwool Insulation Roll represents no known threat to the environment and has zero Ozone Depletion Potential and zero Global Warming Potential.
Handling and storage of Rockwool Insulation
- Rockwool Insulation Roll is easy to handle and install, being lightweight and easily cut to size, where necessary. It is supplied enclosed in polythene which is designed for short term protection only. For longer term protection on site, the product should be stored either indoors, or under cover and off the ground. Rockwool Insulation Roll should not be left permanently exposed to the elements.
Quality Insulation Products From Knauf
Knauf Insulation mineral wool products made with ECOSE Technology® benefit from a no added formaldehyde binder, which is up to 70% less energy intensive than traditional binders and is made from rapidly renewable bio-based materials instead of petroleum-based chemicals. The technology has been developed for Knauf Insulation’s glass and rock mineral wool products, enhancing their environmental credentials without affecting the thermal, acoustic or fire performance. Insulation products made with ECOSE Technology® contain no dye or artificial colors. Buy this insulating material from Gypsum Ceiling Supplies and get it delivered for free