Perspex Acrylic Sheets in Nairobi, Kenya
Gypsum Ceiling Supplies high quality acrylic sheets. Perspex sheets are among the highest quality plastics manufactured in the world. These thermoplastic panels are often used as a lightweight alternative to glass and other materials because they offer excellent optical quality, high light transmission, weather resistance, and sound reflection. Like most plastics, plexiglass sheets respond to temperature changes by expanding or contracting at a far greater rate than glass. One major difference between acrylic and glass is that acrylic does not shrink with age. Some shrinkage may occur when general-purpose plexiglass is heated to forming temperature, but post-forming stability is exceptional.
Acrylic sheet is also more flexible than glass and many other building materials. If insulation is a concern for the project at hand, you will be relieved to know that plexiglass surface resistivity is higher than that of most plastics. In fact, plexiglass extruded acrylic has a light transmittance of 92 percent and is warranted not to lose more than 3 percent of its light-transmitting ability in a 10-year period. UV-filtering acrylic absorbs more than 98 percent of the radiation in the ultraviolet range below 400 nanometers.
Plexiglass sheets offer an energy-efficient alternative to standard glass, which is conducive to residential applications such as window glazing, designing backsplash in a kitchen, updating cabinets, and so much more. Transparent colored plexiglass can be used to reduce glare and solar energy transmittance. Plexiglass also has excellent resistance to attack by many chemicals. At only half the weight of glass and approximately 43 percent the weight of aluminum, acrylic sheet offers a lightweight alternative that is safe and easy to install. Acrylic panels can also be sectioned in a wide variety of ways, using hand tools or power tools. The possibilities of acrylic are endless.
Colours: Red, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Dark Green, Light Green, Orange, Yellow, White, Bronze, Black and Clear
General plexiglass clarification:
- Plexiglas® is a registered brand name
- Plexiglass is a commonly used name to describe acrylic, that originates from the brand name Plexiglas®, similar to the way that Kleenex® (a brand name) is often used generically to describe a facial tissue
- Plexiglass is a type of acrylic and you will often find the two words (plexiglass and acrylic) to be interchangable
- The scientific name for plexiglass is Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) and it is most often used as a shatter-resistent or lightweight alternative for glass
- Plexiglass is one of the most common plastics on the market today
- You can get plexiglass in many different colors, shades, finishes, and sizes