The Roof Insulation 5mm with Double Side Foil
GCS roof Insulation protects your roof space from heat build-up due to radiant heat penetration by acting as a heat barrier to protect all services within the roof space from drying out, cracking and degradation due to UV and solar heat gain.
GCS Roof Insulation is a cost-effective insulation that is suitable for use in metal deck roofing system in residential, commercial, industrial and horticultural buildings where temperature variations are moderately/relatively high and where there is a need to reduce the disturbing rain noise.
- Effective thermal insulation; It has an R- Value of 27.40ft².F.h/Btu; RSi of 4.83m²K/W.
- Effective barrier against impact noise with a 28db contact noise reduction.
- Fire retardant.
- Is an effective moisture barrier.
- Maintains its thermal insulating properties over time as it does not collapse.
- It seals around fasteners ensuring no leakages into the building from the roof.
The Cheapest Roof Insulation in Kenya
Despite having many heat insulation materials at Gypsum Ceiling Supplies, the GCS roof insulation is the most affordable and easy to install. These are the thee cheapest roof insulation Kenya;
- 3mm GCS Roof Insulation with Double Side foil Costs KES 180 Per Square Metre
- 5mm GCS Roof Insulation With Double Side Foil Costs KES 210 Per Square Metre
- 10mm Roof Insulation With Double Side Foil Costs KES400 Per Square Metre
GCS Roof Insulation 10mm
- Polyethylene Roof Insulation is double-sided reflective foil insulation, with a 10mm thick polyethylene foam core, that provides a radiant barrier, reflective insulation and a moisture barrier. It protects your roof space from heat build-up due to radiant heat penetration by acting as a heat barrier to protect all services within the roof space from drying out, cracking and degradation due to UV and solar heat gain.
- It is a cost-effective insulation that is suitable for use in metal deck roofing system in residential, commercial, industrial and horticultural buildings where temperature variations are moderately/relatively high and where there is a need to reduce the disturbing rain noise.
Benefits of GCS Roof Insulation
- The insulation adds more lifespan to your ceiling system. For example, it can protect a gypsum ceiling from cracking due to excessive heat within the roof.
- GCS roof Insulation foam is a product made of many tiny closed cell globules sealed off from each other. Polyethylene foam is an excellent heat insulation.
- GCS roof Insulation protects your roof space from heat build-up due to radiant heat penetration. PE roof insulation acts as a heat barrier and protects all services within the roof from drying out, cracking and degrading due to UV radiation.
- GCS Roof Insulation is a cost-effective insulation that is suitable for use in metal deck roofing system in residential, commercial, industrial and horticultural buildings where temperature variations are moderately/relatively high and where there is a need to reduce the disturbing rain noise.
- GCS Roof insulation is widely used to insulate iron sheet roofs for residential, warehouses, supermarkets, Hospitals and much more. If installed correctly, PE foam reduces heat by 98%. The double side reflective foil helps in reflecting radiant heat
Frequently Asked Questions about GCS Roof Insulation
- Temperature – Averagely a temperature drops of 7°C is easily achieved
- What is the percentage energy savings attained by using the PE roof insulation? – A reduction of 30% – 40% on energy cost is achieved where Air Conditioning units are in use.
- Does GCS Roof Insulation reduce rain noise? – Yes. The 10mm reduces contact noise (e.g. rain noise) by about 19dbs
- Does GCS roof insulation collapse with time? – It does not collapse with time; it maintains its structure/form over time.
- How does GCS Roof Insulation work? – It reflects the solar radiant heat and blocks heat transfer through conduction and convection.
- Can nails or screws piercing through the Insulation damage it? – It seals around nails once pierced through.
- Can the Insulation be laid directly on the Roof purlins? – It is laid on the purlins and given a small sag.
- What is the standard thickness/size of PE Roof Insulation? – PE Roof Insulation is available in 3 different thicknesses depending on your application.
What is the lifespan of Polyethylene roof insulation? – It is long lasting and lasts at least forty years.
- Does the reflective film delaminate or peel off? – PE Roof Insulation does not delaminate or peel off with time.
- Can GCS Roof Insulation be installed on an existing roof? – Yes, it can. The insulation is laid below the purlins and supported by galvanized GI wire strainer wires or galvanized mild steel plates. An overlap of about 100mm is recommended while installing.
- What thickness of insulation is needed? – This depends very much on the height of the roof from the floor and the operational temperature of the area to be insulated. In addition, the insulation effect increases with the thickness of the product.
- How is your product better than alternates in Kenya? – Product quality, service and technical back-up have ensured that our roof Insulation remains one of the brand leaders in Kenya. We maintain a strict protocol that ensures that all product manufactured meet the laid down specifications for each grade. In addition, our insulation carries the KEBS standard mark of quality ensuring that it maintains the high standards set down for the product.
GCS Roof Insulation Pricelist 2023. Call Us 0703200300
Our polyethylene foam insulation covers a wide range of applications. We have solutions for the roof, walls, ceilings and floor insulation. The GCS foam Insulation also can be purchased without foil coating, single side reflective foil coating or without any coating. The thicknesses range from 2mm to 150mm. Other sizes can be fabricated by order foam. Bellow is the Pricelist for Polyethylene foam insulation available at our Warehouses.
How To Install GCS Roof Insulation
It is very easy to install the GCS roof insulation. You can install before fixing iron sheets or after fixing the iron sheets. The best stage is to spread the insulation before installing iron sheets. Doing so will significantly reduce on the labor expenses and other additional expenses.
The requirements needed to install the GCS Roof Insulation are;
- The insulation Sheet i.e. 3mm, 5mm or 10mm
- Roof Screws Self Drilling with Washer
- Roll of Galvanized Binding
- Silicon Adhesive or Conta Glue
- Steel Nails
- Aluminium Insulation Tape
Procedure 1 (Iron Sheets not Installed)
If you have not yet fixed the iron sheets, tie the galvanized wire from one end to the other wile leaving a gap of about 200 cm centers. Spread the insulation sheet as you screw the iron sheets in place. Do not tighten the insulation, you should consider a 50mm air gap between the insulation and the iron sheet
Procedure 2 (Afterthought. When Iron sheets are already fixed)
No need to worry if Iron sheets are already fixed. The insulation can be installed on the underside of the roof. Two people should work on this installation. Place the insulation sheet on the purlins and wile holding, use the self drilling roof screw together with the galvanized sheet strip to fix the insulation in place. Repeat the procedure while considering a 50mm overlap for the sheets. Finally, tie the galvanized wire from one end to the other as a support mechanism. Use conta adhesive and the aluminum tape on the joints
Our technicians are always available for any installation works. Get quality and neat work at budget friendly prices. For installation and to speak to a professional technician, please call 0703200300
|Roof insulation||Double s-3T’SS||Both Sides||50m*1.9m*3mm||95M²||KES 190.00||KES 18,050.00|
|Roof insulation||Double s-5T’SS||Both Sides||50m*1.9m*5mm||95M²||KES 230.00||KES 21,850.00|
|Roof insulation||Double s-10T’SS||Both Sides||50m*1.9m*10mm||95M²||KES 400.00||KES 38,000.00|
|Roof insulation||Single 5mm||Single Side||50m*1.9m*5mm||95M²||KES 220.00||KES 20,900.00|
|Roof insulation||Single 10mm||Single Side||50m*1.9m*10mm||95M²||KES 380.00||KES 36,100.00|
|Roof insulation||Double s 15Ts||Double Side||50m*1.9m*15mm||95M²||KES 450.00||KES 42,750.00|
|Roof insulation||Double s20Ts||Double Side||50m*1.9m*20mm||95M²||KES 550.00||KES 52,250.00|
|Roof insulation||JC||Both Sides||40m*1.5m*3mm||60M²||KES 180.00||KES 10,000.00|
|Roof insulation||JC||Both Sides||40m*1.5m*5mm||60M²||KES 200.00||KES 12,500.00|
|Roof insulation||JC||Both Sides||50m*1.2m*10mm||60M²||KES 350.00||KES 21,500.00|
|Floor underlay||Double s-2T||n/a||100m*2m*2mm||200M²||KES 120.00||KES 24,000.00|
|Floor underlay||Double s-3T||n/a||100m*2m*3mm||200M²||KES 240.00||KES 48,000.00|
|Wall insulation||Double s-50T||Plain||2m*1.9m*50mm||3.8M²||KES 960.00||KES 3,640.00|
|Wall insulation||Double s-50T’S||Single Side||2m*1.9m*50mm||3.8M²||KES 1,550.00||KES 5,890.00|
|Wall insulation||Double s-75T||Plain||2m*1.9m*75mm||3.8M²||KES 1,200.00||KES 4,560.00|
|Wall insulation||Double s-75T’S||Single Side||2m*1.9m*75mm||3.8M²||KES 1,950.00||KES 7,410.00|
|Wall insulation||Double s-100T||Plain||2m*1.9m*100mm||3.8M²||KES 1,800.00||KES 6,840.00|
|Wall insulation||Double s-100T’S||Single Side||2m*1.9m*100mm||3.8M²||KES 2,600.00||KES 9,880.00|
|Flat roof insulation||Double s-25T||Plain||2m*1.9m*25mm||3.8M²||KES 550.00||KES 2,090.00|
|Flat roof insulation||Double s-25T’S||Single Side||2m*1.9m*25mm||3.8M²||KES 950.00||KES 3,610.00|
|Flat roof insulation||Double s-25T’SS||Both Side||2m*1.9m*25mm||3.8M²||KES 1,200.00||KES 4,560.00|
|Flat roof insulation||Double s-50T||Plain||2m*1.9m*50mm||3.8M²||KES 960.00||KES 3,648.00|
|Flat roof insulation||Double s-50T’S||Single Side||2m*1.9m*50mm||3.8M²||KES 1,550.00||KES 5,890.00|
|Flat roof insulation||Double s-50T’SS||Both Side||2m*1.9m*50mm||3.8M²||KES 2,200.00||KES 8,360.00|