Duracoat Skimcoat Product Description
Duracoat Internal and External Skim Coat is a water-resistant white cement-based putty which provides a strong base on concrete/mortar walls and ceilings. It fills the pores of the walls and ceilings, thereby providing a white, smooth and dry surface for painting. Being water resistant, it provides a protective base which prevents expensive paint from flaking. Duracoat Internal and External Skim Coat has special added polymers and more adhesive strength which provides a strong base ensuring a longer life of the painted surface. It can be applied on freshly plastered walls thus saving time
- Being cementitious it has better adhesiveness and durability with concrete walls
- Doesn’t need any kind of primer on it before application of paint thus saving time and cost
- Can applied on interior and exterior walls and ceilings
- Gives a white and smooth finish surface which effectively reduce the consumption of subsequent pints
- Does not require any water curing after application it is ecofriendly. It does not contain lead, oil or toxic material
FINISH: Rich lustrous matt
SPREAD RATE: 2-2.5 Sq.Mt/kg/mm depending on surface
POT LIFE: Approx 2hrs
PACK SIZES: 25 Kgs
Before applying Duracoat Internal and External Skimcoat remove all loosely adhering material from the wall surface with the help of sand paper, putty blade or wire brush. The substrate should clear, free from dust, grease and loose materials. Moisten the wall with sufficient quantity of clean water. It is very important and essential that the surface is wet thoroughly before application of Duracoat Internal & External Skim Coat. This ensures higher bonding strength, easy workability and higher coverage with the surface.
MIXING: Slowly mix Duracoat Internal and External Skim Coat with 4045% clean water to make a paste. It is important that water be added to the putty to make a mix and not vice versa. Continue the mixing for 10-15minutes till a uniform paste is formed. It is very important that mixing of Duracoat Internal & External Skim Coat should be done thoroughly preferably with a mechanical mixer. This will help in easy application, obtaining more coverage and smooth uniform shade
- False Gypsum Ceiling Materials in Kenya
- Suspended Gypsum Ceiling Installation in Kenya
- Gypsum Ceiling Designs in Kenya
- Gypsum Boards in Kenya
- Advantages of Gypsum Ceiling
PAINT APPLICATION PROCESS
Apply the first coat of Duracoat Internal and External Skimcoat using a blade on the wall. Allow the surface to dry for 4-6hours. After drying of the first coat of Duracoat Internal and External Skim Coat just rub the surface gently with a wet sponge or with a putty blade to remove the loose particles. Then apply a second coat of Duracoat Internal & External Skim Coat. Leave the surface to dry overnight/ 10-12 hours. After drying of the second coat of skim coat remove any marks with a wet sponge or with a putty blade. It is recommended not rub the surface done with Duracoat Internal & External Skimcoat strongly and harshly with rough emery paper. This breaks down the film formed over it which decreases the water repellency properties. If at all there is need to remove any unevenness gently level the surface with very fine waterproof emery paper. The total thickness of the coats should be limited to a maximum of 2 mm
Generally, the cause of efflorescence on the wall surface is due to salty water or salt in sand/bricks. If the effect of efflorescence is very high then the proper care should be taken to control the efflorescence, Otherwise, Duracoat Internal and External Skimcoat will not stick to the wall and flaking problems may arise.
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Store the product at ambient conditions in well ventilated locations and away from sources of ignition and fire
- Avoid eye and skin contact. In case of eye and skin contact, wash with plenty of clean water. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.
- Do not inhale or ingest. In case of inhalation, move to fresh air and seek medical attention if symptoms persist in both the cases.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- In high humidity areas, use of a bio wash solution is recommended to remove surface fungus growth, fungal spores, mould etc. before application of the paint system.
If you are keen on quality, fare costs seamless interior finishes and a company you can fully trust, call Gypsum Ceiling Supplies for free consultation and estimates. We are an award winning company for best residential and commercial gypsum ceilings in East Africa with 100% customer satisfaction and a 4.9 out of 5 star customer ratings. Since its inception, Gypsum Ceiling Supplies has successfully completed many projects in urban and rural Kenya.