Acoustic Ceiling Price in Kenya
Acoustic Ceiling tiles are the most popular choice for commercial and office space in the Kenyan construction sector and across the World. It is most preferred by architects and builders because of its underlying acoustical properties. Most acoustic ceiling tiles are made from mineral fiber. Mineral fiber or (Mineral Wool) is a fibrous material formed by spinning or drawing molten mineral or rock materials such as slag and ceramics. Applications of mineral wool include thermal insulation, filtration, soundproofing, and hydroponic growth medium.
At Gypsum Ceiling Supplies high quality acoustic ceiling systems from reputable manufacturers in the World such as AMF and Armstrong. For supply, delivery or installation, contact our sales department on Tell No. 0705718085. We have different varieties, sizes and types to suite your interior design. We work closely with Architects, Engineers, Developers Interior designers and other stakeholders – providing the best to align with relevant building requirements. Bellow are some of our ceiling projects.
Requirements for Acoustic Ceiling Tiles
Bellow are the requirements for installing an acoustic ceiling system;
- Main tee 32*24*3600mm
- Cross tee 26*24*1200mm
- Cross tee 26*24*600mm
- Wall Angle 22*22*3000mm
- Ceiling Tiles – 600mm*600mm
- Galvanized binding wire
Cost of GCS Acoustic Ceiling Systems
- GCS Mineral Fiber Acoustic ceiling tiles 600*600*14mm square edge (with fittings) Ksh 1,050 per square Metre
- AMF Mineral Fiber Acoustic Ceiling tiles 600*600*15mm square edge Ksh 1, 250, tegular Ksh 1, 450 (with fittings) per square Metre
- Armstrong Mineral Fiber Acoustic Ceiling Tiles Cortega 600mm*600mm*15mm square edge Ksh1, 450 (with fittings)
Where do you Require High NRC Ceiling Tiles?
Classrooms to improve speech intelligibility. Doctors’ offices to ensure speech privacy for patients. Open-plan workplaces to reduce distracting background noise. Specifying high NRC acoustic ceiling panels helps achieve optimum performance and comfort.
Mineral fiber ceiling tiles reduces noise, as it has sound absorbent properties. Acoustic ceiling tiles made from mineral fibers or fiberglass blended with starch helps in sound, acoustical and thermal insulation. Wood fiber isn’t as desirable for acoustical tile as it doesn’t usually wear well in humid conditions. Traditionally, white acoustic ceiling tiles are very popular color but other colors such as blue, black, beige and grey are available upon request. Acoustical tile is a good choice for music rooms, offices, commercial spaces and homes that contains multiple living spaces. Different thicknesses and brands of acoustic ceiling tiles have different levels of sound protection, so this should be purchased carefully.
Benefits of Acoustic Ceiling System
- Insulation; Acoustic Ceiling tiles has 5 times more thermal insulation properties than that of gypsum board, which contributes to maintaining room comfort. The K-value of the ceiling tiles is 0.045 and the thickness is between 14mm-15mm, therefore the R-value is 0.333.
- Acoustics (NRC): Thanks to the tiles’ high noise reduction coefficient (NRC), 55% to 60% of sound is absorbed within the room and the reverberation time of soundwaves are reduced, making a pleasant office environment.
- Acoustics (CAC): In addition to the good absorption, acoustic ceiling has a high ceiling attenuation coefficient (CAC) of 36 decibels which equates to less sound transfer from room to room. “Together these acoustic qualities make it easy to create comfortable interior spaces,”.
- Fire resistance: The acoustic ceiling tiles are also non-combustible and do not emit toxic gas or smoke, melt, break or become deformed under normal fire conditions, thereby protecting ceiling areas from fire.
- Humidity: It further boasts a high RH99 relative humidity resistance rating for projects that require the highest demands and a fast-track building program
- Easy to Install: Although specified for its excellent noise reduction, thermal insulation properties and outstanding fire resistance, it is the ease of handling and durability of the GCS range of mineral-fiber ceiling tiles that makes it one of the ceiling contractors’ ideal commodity panels
Why NRC Mineral Fiber Acoustic Ceiling Boards?
NRC Acoustic Ceiling are economical, medium textured tiles that feature a unique, non-directional pattern. NRC acoustic ceiling tiles are made with a water felted manufacturing process that provides excellent ceiling attenuation class (CAC) performance. They install quickly and easily and are classified as low emitting ceiling tiles. The surface of the tile has perforations that aids in sound absorption, and it cleans easily with a soft brush or vacuum. Some of the advantages includes;
- Fiberboard Material
- Budget friendly with excellent qualities
- Easily installed in a suspended grid panel
- Class A fire rating
- Noise reduction coefficient of 55
- Non-directional pattern offers fast, efficient installation
- Easily maintained with a soft brush or vacuum
- Economical all-purpose ceiling tile
Like and Follow us on Social Media